Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem with registering for the forum
28-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Problem with registering for the forum
I've had the following message from someone who has tried to register for this forum but encountered a problem with the registration process.

Quote:I am trying to evaluate OhNet for a Set-top Box UPnP Control Point solution on the an iOS platform. I wanted to post some questions on the OhNet forum, but I am unable to register. It keeps asking me for the Security Question, but there is nowhere on the registration form to enter it!
Find all posts by this user
03-07-2012, 01:39 PM
RE: Problem with registering for the forum
Thanks for letting us know. This should be fixed now. A few people had mailed webmaster@openhome.org reporting similar problems; all should now have been informed of the fix.
04-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Big Grin RE: Problem with registering for the forum
I'm in!

I managed to register with the forum yesterday using internet explorer. Before, I was using Chrome and I had the problem with the security question. Whether, it is due to some changes or browser compatibility, I'm in now and glad to have the opportunity to discuss and ask advice!

Doug
04-07-2012, 07:51 AM
(04-07-2012 01:11 AM)dough Wrote:  I'm in!

I managed to register with the forum yesterday using internet explorer. Before, I was using Chrome and I had the problem with the security question. Whether, it is due to some changes or browser compatibility, I'm in now and glad to have the opportunity to discuss and ask advice!

Doug

Welcome to the forums Doug.

If you're the same dough that posted on StackOverflow recently, feel free to post either here or there. I subscribe to this forum and SO's upnp tag so will pick up questions in either location. (I've been on holiday so missed your recent SO posts.)

Simon
04-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Yes, it was me! I had some initial problems compiling for iOS and generating proxies with OhNetGen, but now it making progress. OhNet looks well designed, well documented, and now, actively supported!

For your info, I am building a device type specific wrapper around the OhNet for iOS devices. I am using C because I do not know C++. It would be great if there were python bindings too!?!