Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DLNA Media Server / video streaming
14-11-2012, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 09:28 AM by GoodvinJ.)
DLNA Media Server / video streaming
Hello!

I'm new to OpenHome framework and I'm need to write DLNA Control Point + DLNA Media Server (for video streaming) all in C++.
Are there any samples or hints for this? I can't find any media server examples with video streaming.
Or this project is not for such purposes (video streaming)?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
14-11-2012, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 02:43 PM by GoodvinJ.)
RE: DLNA Media Server / video streaming
I see there is MinimServer for audio streaming, but it doesn't have opened source code.
Also I'd found ohMediaToolbox, which contains ohMediaServer, but it requires several openhome projects to build.
14-11-2012, 03:56 PM
I've compiled ohMediaToolbox.
I see that http server for iTunes implemented in ohMediaServer project.
So as I can understand if I want to implement video streaming I need to implement http server manually.

I.e. ohNet is UPnP stack only, it's not DLNA stack.
14-11-2012, 05:40 PM
(14-11-2012 08:16 AM)GoodvinJ Wrote:  Hello!

I'm new to OpenHome framework and I'm need to write DLNA Control Point + DLNA Media Server (for video streaming) all in C++.
Are there any samples or hints for this? I can't find any media server examples with video streaming.
Or this project is not for such purposes (video streaming)?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

To avoid any confusion, ohNet is a UPnP stack, not a UPnP AV implementation. It is possible to build a media server, UPnP AV control point or any other UPnP app using ohNet but it takes some work.

If you want to write a media server, you could start with the service descriptions in the docs bundle at the UPnP forum.

To get started with ohNet, see the Device Stack overview docs. Provider base classes for media server services are available in ohNet/OpenHome/Net/Bindings/Cpp/Device/Providers. You can see an example of how to create a device and publish it on the network at ohNet/OpenHome/Net/Bindings/Cpp/Device/Tests/TestDvDeviceStd.cpp.

For your control point, see the ohNet Control Point stack overview, proxies to media server / renderer services in ohNet/OpenHome/Net/Bindings/Cpp/ControlPoint/Proxies and simple application in ohNet/OpenHome/Net/Bindings/Cpp/ControlPoint/Tests/TestInvocationStd.cpp.

Feel free to come back with any other questions about particular areas of your implementation.
19-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Thank you for the answer!
I'll read suggested documentation.
19-11-2012, 03:54 PM
I've just noticed that you also asked about implementing a HTTP server.

Its correct that you may need to create your own HTTP server. ohNet provides some C++ classes that could help with this. See DviServerUpnp and DviSessionUpnp in ohNet/OpenHome/Net/Device/Upnp/DviServer.* for an example.

Unfortunately, many of the classes involved here are internal to ohNet and undocumented. The code is hopefully pretty straightforward though so you should be able to follow it without docs.
10-01-2013, 05:57 AM
Hi That is great, That is awesome information, i was also looking for this.Provider base classes for media server services are available in ohNet/OpenHome/Net/Bindings/Cpp/Device/Providers. You can see an example of how to create a device and publish it on the network at ohNet/OpenHome/Net/Bindings/Cpp/Device/Tests/TestDvDeviceStd.cpp.
Regards

156-215.75 exam questions [url=http://www.pass-4-sure.com/156-215-75-notes.html]156-215.75 exam questions[/url]
642-732 exam questions [url=http://www.pass-4-sure.com/642-732-notes.html]642-732 exam questions[/url]