Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quick start?
05-02-2013, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 01:13 PM by J4N.)
RE: Quick start?
Yeah, I saw the EnableAction, but I don't see what should be the parameter:

In the constructor
Code:
EnableAction(GetPort, GetPortDelegate, ???);

Code:
public delegate ulong GetPortDelegate() ;
public ulong GetPort(){...}

It doesn't accept any of my parameters. I think that Action doesn't accept to have return values.

Either with return value or out parameter.
I saw that I should use

Code:
delegate int OpenHome::Net::Device::DvProvider::ActionDelegate    (    IntPtr     aPtr,
IntPtr     aInvocation    
)

as method, but I just have no idea( and no documentation) about what are those pointer, and how should I use them, and what represent the returned int. And it's very weird to have to deal with pointer in c#, no?
Find all posts by this user
05-02-2013, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 01:28 PM by simonc.)
(05-02-2013 12:58 PM)J4N Wrote:  Yeah, I saw the EnableAction, but I don't see what should be the parameter:

Can you confirm which service you're trying to add please? And whether you have generated your own provider or are using one included with ohNet.

Edit: some more notes on use

The auto-generated provider code provides a base class you derive from.
You need to pass a DvDevice-derived class into its ctor while the device is not in enabled state.

Inside your class ctor, you need to call EnableAction[action_name]() for each action you want your service to offer and EnableProperty[var_name]() for each evented state variable it should provide.

To implement each action, over-ride the virtual action_name() function. To update an evented state variable use SetProperty[var_name]().
05-02-2013, 01:27 PM
(05-02-2013 01:21 PM)simonc Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 12:58 PM)J4N Wrote:  Yeah, I saw the EnableAction, but I don't see what should be the parameter:

Can you confirm which service you're trying to add please? And whether you have generated your own provider or are using one included with ohNet.

Edit: some more notes on use

The auto-generated provider code provides a base class you derive from.
You need to pass a DvDevice-derived class into its ctor while the device is not in enabled state.

Each action in a UPnP service is registered by calling EnableAction[action_name]() and implemented by over-riding a action_name() function.

Each evented state variable is registered by calling EnableProperty[var_name]() and updated by calling SetProperty[var_name]().

Since all your provider where implementing something I didn't need, I just created a "CustomServiceProvider, which extend DvProvider:

Code:
//!! Doesn't compile:
public class CustomServiceProvider:DvProvider
    {
        private Random random = new Random();

public delegate ulong GetPortDelegate() ;

public  CustomServiceProvider(DvDevice aDevice, string aDomain, string aType, uint aVersion)
            : base(aDevice, aDomain, aType, aVersion)
        {
            Action func = new Action("GetPort");
            ActionDelegate tt = new ActionDelegate(GetPort);
            EnableAction(func, tt, null);
        }

private int GetPort(IntPtr aptr, IntPtr ainvocation)
        {

}

public ulong GetPort()
        {
            return (ulong)random.Next();
        }

}
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
(05-02-2013 01:27 PM)J4N Wrote:  Since all your provider where implementing something I didn't need, I just created a "CustomServiceProvider, which extend DvProvider:

Ah, there's a much easier way to do this Smile

ohNet provides a tool - OhNetGen - which will translate UPnP service xml into a provider for you. Use of this tool is slightly fiddly but the command line should be something like

ohNetGen.exe --language=cs --stack=dv --xml=[relative path to your service xml] --output=[output dir with trailing backslash] --domain=[yourcompany.com] --type=[your service name] --version=1

If this doesn't work for you, the code is available in OpenHome/Net/T4/OhNetGen.cs. The best way to debug it for now is to add print statements. Or post your service xml, domain etc and I'll give you better instructions.
05-02-2013, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 01:39 PM by J4N.)
I don't have yet my service xml(since I've to create the service first), so how could I do this?

I'm not an huge fan to have a tools to run(and if we forgot, to have nothing that works, on runtime).

For my test, I'm only looking to have a method that has the following signature: ulong GetPort();
05-02-2013, 01:46 PM
(05-02-2013 01:39 PM)J4N Wrote:  I don't have yet my service xml(since I've to create the service first), so how could I do this?

Create a short xml file with the actions / state variables you want for now then extend it as you develop your service.

(05-02-2013 01:39 PM)J4N Wrote:  I'm not an huge fan to have a tools to run(and if we forgot, to have nothing that works, on runtime).

I don't understand this reservation. In case it makes you feel any better, you can treat your service xml as a source file and auto-generate the provider as part of your build process.

(05-02-2013 01:39 PM)J4N Wrote:  For my test, I'm only looking to have a method that has the following signature: ulong GetPort();

Here you go. Look at the UPnP forum docs or xml files in ohNet for examples of how to extend this later.

Code:
<scpd>
    <serviceStateTable>
        <stateVariable>
            <name>A_ARG_Port_Number</name>
            <sendEventsAttribute>no</sendEventsAttribute>
            <dataType>ui4</dataType>
        </stateVariable>
    </serviceStateTable>
    <actionList>
        <action>
            <name>GetPort</name>
            <argumentList>
                <argument>
                    <name>Port</name>
                    <direction>out</direction>
                    <relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_Port_Number</relatedStateVariable>
                </argument>
            </argumentList>
        </action>
    </actionList>
</scpd>
05-02-2013, 02:22 PM
(05-02-2013 01:46 PM)simonc Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 01:39 PM)J4N Wrote:  I'm not an huge fan to have a tools to run(and if we forgot, to have nothing that works, on runtime).

I don't understand this reservation. In case it makes you feel any better, you can treat your service xml as a source file and auto-generate the provider as part of your build process.

We have a solution with something like 250 sub projects, imagine if we have to think to build this because the signature has potentially changed, it's not maintainable for me. I would be more comfortable with something that can be compiled, explored and searched. In addition, some data will comes from the program using this library(like the version).
06-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Do you have some links about how to build this xml file correctly?
06-02-2013, 10:19 AM
(06-02-2013 09:56 AM)J4N Wrote:  Do you have some links about how to build this xml file correctly?

The Service description XML format is specified by the UPnP forum. Try this link:

http://upnp.org/resources/upnpresources.zip

Inside that archive, have a look at "documents/UPnP-arch-DeviceArchitecture-v1.1-20081015.pdf". See the section "2.5 Service description" starting on page 48.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2013, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 11:03 AM by simonc.)
(06-02-2013 09:56 AM)J4N Wrote:  Do you have some links about how to build this xml file correctly?

Post #14 basically covers it. Saving the xml as J4N.xml in my onNet directory, I can run

C:\work\ohnet>Build\Tools\ohNetGen.exe --language=cs --stack=dv --xml=J4N.xml --output=Build\ --domain=test.com --type=J4N --version=1

to generate DvTestComJ4N1.cs in my Build directory.