Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ByeBye on Unregister?
08-02-2013, 01:03 PM
ByeBye on Unregister?
Hi,

I just would like to know if BYEBYE messages are sent when we are disposing an device(or disabling it).

Because, with another library(ManagedUpnp) that I use for its support of multiple adapters, I don't get events of device removed.

For now I've no idea if I'm doing wrong something Device side, or Control point side, or if it's a library problem(device side or control side).

Since I'm testing this on localhost, I can't see those request with tools like wireshark(I didn't checked that, but seems logic if we use the loopback interface)

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
08-02-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: ByeBye on Unregister?
(08-02-2013 01:03 PM)J4N Wrote:  I just would like to know if BYEBYE messages are sent when we are disposing an device(or disabling it).

Yes, either disposing of a device or disabling it should result in BYEBYE notifications being sent. If you started the device stack without specifying a subnet, notifications will go out on every available subnet.

(08-02-2013 01:03 PM)J4N Wrote:  Because, with another library(ManagedUpnp) that I use for its support of multiple adapters, I don't get events of device removed.

For now I've no idea if I'm doing wrong something Device side, or Control point side, or if it's a library problem(device side or control side).

Since I'm testing this on localhost, I can't see those request with tools like wireshark(I didn't checked that, but seems logic if we use the loopback interface)

Could you use Intel Device Spy to narrow down where the fault lies? If you still see your device in Device Spy, it'd seem likely that ohNet isn't managing to send the BYEBYEs. If your device disappears from Device Spy then the problem is much more likely to be with ManagedUpnp.
08-02-2013, 01:57 PM
The problem is that I don't know how Intel Device Spy works, I see device disappearing, but I don't know if it is because it receives a BYEBYE or because it makes frequently new searches.

My feeling is that the error is surely on the client side, but I wanted to be sure of that.
08-02-2013, 02:02 PM
(08-02-2013 01:57 PM)J4N Wrote:  The problem is that I don't know how Intel Device Spy works, I see device disappearing, but I don't know if it is because it receives a BYEBYE or because it makes frequently new searches.

My feeling is that the error is surely on the client side, but I wanted to be sure of that.

I believe Intel Device Spy uses BYEBYEs rather than repeated MSEARCHes. You can confirm/disprove this using ohNet debug logging. Calling Library.SetDebugLevel(Library.DebugLevel.SsdpMulticast) ought to log to console whenever a MSEARCH, ALIVE or BYEBYE is received.
05-01-2015, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2015 05:09 AM by fairyanna.)
Thanks for the info.
I need the IP address from the device where the Media Server runs. The media server itself is on a host which has some http requests to call. (change settings for the media server eg.: add shares as resources or force rescanning the shares, aso.)

Are you interested in pmp certified Get our self paced ccna test ccna and Microsoft Certifications itil study packages to pass your www.stevenson.edu without any difficulty in Hobe Sound Bible College