• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Assertion failure in DviMsgScheduler::ScheduleNextTimer
25-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Assertion failure in DviMsgScheduler::ScheduleNextTimer
A MinimServer user has reported the following fatal error in ohNet:

Assertion failed. OpenHome/Net/Device/Upnp/DviProtocolUpnp.cpp:1471

This is on the following line in DviMsgScheduler::ScheduleNextTimer:

ASSERT(remaining <= maxUpdateTimeMs);

What might be the cause of this problem?
Find all posts by this user
25-04-2013, 09:59 AM
RE: Assertion failure in DviMsgScheduler::ScheduleNextTimer
(25-04-2013 09:23 AM)simoncn Wrote:  A MinimServer user has reported the following fatal error in ohNet:

Assertion failed. OpenHome/Net/Device/Upnp/DviProtocolUpnp.cpp:1471

This is on the following line in DviMsgScheduler::ScheduleNextTimer:

ASSERT(remaining <= maxUpdateTimeMs);

What might be the cause of this problem?

This might happen if the time reported by OsTimeInMs() wrapped while device announcements were being delivered. Since we'll send announcements for 1-5 seconds out of every 10 minutes and time wraps once every 7 weeks, your user has been pretty unlucky!

I'm re-writing this area at the moment (to fix a deadlock in timer callbacks) so will try to include a fix for this bug as part of that work.
30-04-2013, 11:11 AM
(25-04-2013 09:59 AM)simonc Wrote:  This might happen if the time reported by OsTimeInMs() wrapped while device announcements were being delivered. Since we'll send announcements for 1-5 seconds out of every 10 minutes and time wraps once every 7 weeks, your user has been pretty unlucky!

I'm re-writing this area at the moment (to fix a deadlock in timer callbacks) so will try to include a fix for this bug as part of that work.

I've committed a possible fix for this now. If I was right about the cause of the bug, we should have reasonable certainty that its fixed in a few months time Smile
30-04-2013, 12:10 PM
(30-04-2013 11:11 AM)simonc Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 09:59 AM)simonc Wrote:  This might happen if the time reported by OsTimeInMs() wrapped while device announcements were being delivered. Since we'll send announcements for 1-5 seconds out of every 10 minutes and time wraps once every 7 weeks, your user has been pretty unlucky!

I've committed a possible fix for this now. If I was right about the cause of the bug, we should have reasonable certainty that its fixed in a few months time Smile

Thanks! I'll let you know if there are any more reports after this fix has been applied.