Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Devices with OpenHome support
15-01-2014, 03:27 AM
Shocked Devices with OpenHome support
HI gents and ladies... if applies,
hopefully i'm posting this in the right place.
I was wondering if there's a list or some general knowledge of the devices that include OpenHome support or can support OpenHome.

Asides from Linn network players I haven't been able to find others by googling.
I'm quite surprised by this since the features OpenHome includes are trully necessary from what I see in Home media networks.

I own a WD TV Live PLus which works quite well, pretty much plays anything, but has the issue of std upnp/dlna devices: no playlist control. The kind of workaround is running Bubbleupnp server in my pc and so emulating a wdtv with openhome support but that isn't the solution for me. I would like to have one rendering / streaming device and well multiple control devices tablet, smartphone, etc, and the audio source (nas or internet stream) without having to turn on or leave the pc on.

I haven't tried Linn devices but they really seem like top of the line audio -wise. I do look for good digital audio but not in the linn device price range at least not for now hehe Tongue
Regards
Alex
Find all posts by this user
25-01-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Devices with OpenHome support
(15-01-2014 03:27 AM)gevi_alex Wrote:  HI gents and ladies... if applies,
hopefully i'm posting this in the right place.
I was wondering if there's a list or some general knowledge of the devices that include OpenHome support or can support OpenHome.

Asides from Linn network players I haven't been able to find others by googling.
I'm quite surprised by this since the features OpenHome includes are trully necessary from what I see in Home media networks.

I own a WD TV Live PLus which works quite well, pretty much plays anything, but has the issue of std upnp/dlna devices: no playlist control. The kind of workaround is running Bubbleupnp server in my pc and so emulating a wdtv with openhome support but that isn't the solution for me. I would like to have one rendering / streaming device and well multiple control devices tablet, smartphone, etc, and the audio source (nas or internet stream) without having to turn on or leave the pc on.

I haven't tried Linn devices but they really seem like top of the line audio -wise. I do look for good digital audio but not in the linn device price range at least not for now hehe Tongue
Regards
Alex
Hi Alex,

I am sorry I have found this forum so late. But your question is something that I also think for a long time now. All other renderers all limited by design.
The only ones I have found confirmed are:
- all Linn renderers (Sneaky, Majik, Akurate, Klimax)
- Lumin
- Auralic

I would be very happy if we can keep a list here. I get a lot of questions from friends and family and if I have no further information I will advice the above brands only.
Find all posts by this user