Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
C# Wrapper
02-05-2014, 03:37 PM
RE: C# Wrapper
(02-05-2014 03:18 PM)Garry Wrote:  Thanks Simon. Sorry I should have made my question clearer. I'm already referencing ohnet.net.dll in my project and having linked only libohNetCore.a everything I'm doing seems to be working fine but I was curious what purpose the other .a files in the IOS download served and whether I would need them (I'm only building a control point for AV)

Ah, I see what you mean. You can ignore these other libraries for iOS. Some of them are useful for other language bindings. Including them everywhere makes the bundling system easy for us to maintain. I hadn't thought about the downside of this - that its confusing to other users of binary releases - I'll think about how easily we could simplify this.

(02-05-2014 03:18 PM)Garry Wrote:  At the moment everything is working well. Do you know of any C# helper classes for de-serialising DIDL-Lite or do I need to spin my own? (not too onerous a task but don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to)

Sorry, there are none that I know of. Linn do publish the parser used by their Kinsky control point. It's non-trivial to get this building for the first time so you'd probably be just as well spinning your own parser instead.
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Hi Simon

I've got most of this working really well now... in the emulator but I'm running into an issue trying to link in LibOhNetCore.a for the device. I've downloaded the latest ohnet-Ios-ArmV7 release but when I try and link it I get...

Process exited with code 1, command:
Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
"_OhNetAbortProcess", referenced from:
-u command line option
"_OhNetLibraryNotifyResumed", referenced from:
-u command line option
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

error MT5210: Native linking failed, undefined symbol: _OhNetAbortProcess. Please verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.
error MT5210: Native linking failed, undefined symbol: _OhNetLibraryNotifyResumed. Please verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.
error MT5201: Native linking failed. Please review the build log and the user flags provided to gcc: "-stdlib=libstdc++" "-tests" "-force_load" "tests/libohNetCore.a"
error MT5202: Native linking failed. Please review the build log.

Any thoughts?
05-05-2014, 09:55 PM
(05-05-2014 06:03 PM)Garry Wrote:  Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
"_OhNetAbortProcess", referenced from:
-u command line option
"_OhNetLibraryNotifyResumed", referenced from:
-u command line option
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Any thoughts?

These are probably the two most recently added public functions. Is there any chance you're combining released binaries from two different releases? If not, could you try rebuilding the native code rather than using the binary we release?

If you haven't built the code before, the command will be something like

make iOs-x86=1 nocpp11=yes ohNetCore

Depending on the version of XCode installed, you may also have to edit the devroot, toolroot and sdkroot variables in Makefile.
07-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Thanks Simon. That got me in the right direction. I thought I had downloaded the same releases for both Arm and x86 but I had a slightly more recent x86 version. All working now. Thanks again for your help.