Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Songcast Receiver Plugin for MPD
28-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Songcast Receiver Plugin for MPD
Posting this in here as well as on the MPD Developers Mailing list.

Just wondering if anyone out there is actively developing or considering developing an input plugin for MPD which would allow it to accept URI in the OHU/OHM format required by a SongCast receiver.

From what I can find/understand the audio is transmitted as big endian PCM, so from what I can see there should not be too many issues in playing this through MPD. However, my experience in writing decoders is limited to non-existent, so there may be more implications than I am aware of.

If you are developing or interested, I would like to hear from you to see how you are getting on or if we could work together in order to create the input plugin required.

Craig
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2014, 09:30 AM
RE: Songcast Receiver Plugin for MPD
(02-10-2014 09:24 AM)Suzaan Wrote:  developing an input plugin for MPD which would allow it to accept URI in the OHU/OHM

Good
Is this something that you are working on as well then?
02-10-2014, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2014 09:18 AM by simonc.)
RE: Songcast Receiver Plugin for MPD
I suspect 'Suzaan' is a bot so have deleted the post and will moderate future posts from that account. First posts that merely re-post fragments of earlier messages are normally automated attempts to bypass any moderation of initial posts, prior to posting spam.

(I'll stand corrected if this draws an original response from Suzaan)