Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timer assert problem caused by recent commit
27-01-2015, 12:14 PM
RE: Timer assert problem caused by recent commit
(27-01-2015 11:18 AM)simonc Wrote:  That assert isn't directly related to the fix to the timer race you recently reported. We recently added some code to flag suspicious use of timers - something that can leave a device unresponsive for unbounded time if not checked.

I was aware of this and this is why I linked to this other commit in my original post.

Quote:The particular assert you saw is caused by over 1000 timer callbacks running in less that the time required for a single tick from system time. Previous instances of this were caused by a bug in mDNS code. We fixed that but have seen very occasional failures from other areas of the same mDNS library.

Thanks for reporting this. It'd be good to hear about any further instances of timer-related crashes.

This is a serious problem for MinimServer users because it causes the server to crash. From your response, I'm not what (if any) change to ohNet you think is needed to stop this happening. Have there been any mDNS fixes related to this issue since version 1.1.1452?

If the problem is caused by mDNS, is it possible for MinimServer to disable mDNS? Is mDNS always used or is it used on some platforms and not others?
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timer assert problem caused by recent commit - simoncn - 27-01-2015 12:14 PM