Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ohPlayer crashes on OSX
12-01-2016, 03:34 PM
ohPlayer crashes on OSX
On OSX El Capitan it crashes on startup:

Code:
michael@Michaels-MacBook-Pro:/Applications/OpenHomePlayer.app/Contents/MacOS$ ./OpenHomePlayer
Using Subnet 192.168.0.0
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type OpenHome::StoreReadBufferUndersized
Abort trap: 6

Songcast is installed, not sure if it could be the cause.

Let me know if you need more details.
Find all posts by this user
13-01-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: ohPlayer crashes on OSX
I can't reproduce the crash on El Capitan here unfortunately.
I've tried the 0.9.0 and 0.9.2 players, and tried with and without Songcast installed/active (the 4.5.298 build of Songcast).

The console output implies that we're probably in the MediaPlayer set up but we haven't yet registered any codecs (we output the list of registered codecs as part of the startup process).
It seems likely this error is related to a failing read of persistent store as the media player is being configured.

Is the problem repeatable, and was it a first-time install?
13-01-2016, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2016 05:35 PM by bubbleguuum.)
(13-01-2016 03:00 PM)pedro Wrote:  I can't reproduce the crash on El Capitan here unfortunately.
I've tried the 0.9.0 and 0.9.2 players, and tried with and without Songcast installed/active (the 4.5.298 build of Songcast).

The console output implies that we're probably in the MediaPlayer set up but we haven't yet registered any codecs (we output the list of registered codecs as part of the startup process).
It seems likely this error is related to a failing read of persistent store as the media player is being configured.

Is the problem repeatable, and was it a first-time install?

It is 100% repeatable: I have not been able to launch it successfully once. Reboots and reinstalls did not help.
13-01-2016, 06:45 PM
(13-01-2016 05:35 PM)bubbleguuum Wrote:  It is 100% repeatable: I have not been able to launch it successfully once. Reboots and reinstalls did not help.

I think this'll be related to the length of your Mac's name. This gets used as the room name and rooms currently have a 20 character limit for this. The limit on room name length seems too short; increasing it will solve (hide) the problem for most people. We could later fix any remaining problems by truncating longer Mac names to fit within ohPipeline limits.
13-01-2016, 07:42 PM
That's it ! Thanks Simon.

I changed my mac name to the much shorter 'sigsegv' and it now works Smile.