Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
BSD-style license
20-08-2011, 04:52 PM
BSD-style license
The documentation for the ohNet device stack and control point stack contains words like the following:

Open source — OpenHome is committed to the continued open development of the UPnP protocol and provides the Control Point stack completely free and open under a BSD-style license.

I have looked for this BSD-style license but I haven't been able to find it. Can anyone provide a pointer, please?
Find all posts by this user
22-08-2011, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2011 08:44 AM by simonc.)
RE: BSD-style license
Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to add a license.txt formalising this.

The vast majority of the code will be under the 2-clause (Simplified) BSD license. A small number of files come from other open source projects so will be under different, but similarly liberal, licenses.

I'll do my best to get this noted in the codebase this week.
25-08-2011, 10:57 AM
RE: BSD-style license
(20-08-2011 04:52 PM)simoncn Wrote:  The documentation for the ohNet device stack and control point stack contains words like the following:

Open source — OpenHome is committed to the continued open development of the UPnP protocol and provides the Control Point stack completely free and open under a BSD-style license.

I have looked for this BSD-style license but I haven't been able to find it. Can anyone provide a pointer, please?

I've added a License.txt file clarifying that the code is available under a Simplified BSD license.

The license also lists the small number of files which came from other Open Source projects so are released under different licenses.