Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't get IResourceManager to work from Java
24-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Can't get IResourceManager to work from Java
I'm trying to use IResourceManager to publish a presentation URL for my device. The device is created OK, and the device description XML file contains the following:

<presentationURL>http://192.168.0.9:57104/904b5f1a-bce5-47dd-83a1-b22377088106/Upnp/resource/</presentationURL>

While the device is running, I enter this URL into a browser. The writeResource() method of my device's resource manager object is never called, and the browser hangs for 15 seconds. The browser then reports a connection reset error and the device process terminates with no error message. I've also tried entering the URL with index.html at the end, with the same results.

Any suggestions for what could be causing this problem?
Find all posts by this user
24-08-2011, 02:48 PM
RE: Can't get IResourceManager to work from Java
Thank you for reporting this also. We're looking into it along with the presentationURL attribute issue you reported in the other thread and we'll update this thread when we have tracked down what is causing the problem.
25-08-2011, 01:01 PM
RE: Can't get IResourceManager to work from Java
The issue appears to have been a reference to the callback object (DvDeviceStandard itself, in this case) being passed incorrectly by the JNI code when a DvDeviceStandard object is being instantiated with a resource manager. This is what caused writeResource() to fail to ever be called back.

This has now been fixed and is in the internal repository, so should be pushed out in the next couple of days.