Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Duplication of contents between ohNet.dll and ohNetJni.dll
02-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Duplication of contents between ohNet.dll and ohNetJni.dll
It appears that the entire contents of ohNet.dll are duplicated in ohNetJni.dll. Despite this, all the Java binding classes load both ohNet and ohNetJni.

I suggest making one of the following changes:

1. Remove the duplicated files from ohNetJni.dll (preferred).

2. If there's a reason why these files need to be in ohNetJni.dll, remove the System.loadLibrary("ohNet") calls from the Java files.
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2011, 03:05 PM
RE: Duplication of contents between ohNet.dll and ohNetJni.dll
(02-09-2011 02:04 PM)simoncn Wrote:  It appears that the entire contents of ohNet.dll are duplicated in ohNetJni.dll. Despite this, all the Java binding classes load both ohNet and ohNetJni.

I suggest making one of the following changes:

1. Remove the duplicated files from ohNetJni.dll (preferred).

2. If there's a reason why these files need to be in ohNetJni.dll, remove the System.loadLibrary("ohNet") calls from the Java files.

Oops, well spotted! I hadn't noticed the size of the resulting ohNetJni.dll file.

The preferred design is to have ohNetJni.dll dependent upon ohNet.dll, in line with suggestion 1 above.

I had accidentally linked against libohNetCore.lib instead of ohNet.lib in the Common.mak makefile, causing everything to be pulled into ohNetJni.dll. ohNetJni.dll is now less than a quarter of its previous size!

I've committed these changes to the internal repository, so they should hopefully be pushed out within the next few days.
Find all posts by this user