Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Binary downloads
26-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Binary downloads
Are there any binary downloads of ohNet available, or any plans to make these available in the near future? I've found the Jenkins nightly builds on GitHub, but these appear to contain only source.

I'm planning to do a beta release soon of some software that I've been developing that uses the ohNet stack. My software is written in Java so it should run on all the platforms that ohNet supports, assuming that users can obtain ohNet binaries for these platforms. I could build and distribute ohNet binaries for some platforms quite easily (e.g., Windows), but it would be more difficult for me to do this for other platforms (e.g., Mac OS). Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
26-10-2011, 01:45 PM
RE: Binary downloads
(26-10-2011 12:42 PM)simoncn Wrote:  Are there any binary downloads of ohNet available, or any plans to make these available in the near future? I've found the Jenkins nightly builds on GitHub, but these appear to contain only source.

We have archived binary releases of ohNet but these are only available on our internal network at present. We do want to change this and make the releases publicly accessible but it'll be a month or so before this is in place.

If you want to make a release sooner, PM me and I'll find another, temporary, way to pass releases on.
28-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Binary releases of ohNet are now available at http://www.openhome.org/releases/artifacts/ohNet/

Frequency of releases will be variable, typically when there is sufficient interesting new content.

Not all release bundles include managed code. Broader support for Java and C# will come later.
19-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I downloaded the latest 0.76 binary download. It appears to contain release builds for Windows and debug builds for Linux (even though the Linux files are named ohNet-0.0.76-Linux-*-release.tar.gz). Would it be possible to provide release builds for Linux as well? This is especially important for Linux ARM, as the size of the debug version of libohNet.so is over 6MB.
19-12-2011, 04:21 PM
(19-12-2011 04:19 PM)simoncn Wrote:  I downloaded the latest 0.76 binary download. It appears to contain release builds for Windows and debug builds for Linux (even though the Linux files are named ohNet-0.0.76-Linux-*-release.tar.gz). Would it be possible to provide release builds for Linux as well? This is especially important for Linux ARM, as the size of the debug version of libohNet.so is over 6MB.

This is in progress. Releases will hopefully contain both release and debug binaries by the end of January.
19-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. In that case I'll need to continue to build my own Linux ARM release binaries for the next few weeks. To ensure that these are in sync with the downloaded Windows release binaries, I'd like to use the same sources to do the build. Is there an easy way to find and download the source that corresponds to a numbered binary release?
20-12-2011, 01:06 PM
We don't currently tag the code when creating a numbered binary release so there's no easy way to reproduce these. Nightly releases have the same level of testing so I suggest you just choose one of them for now.

We'll look into tidying this process up in the new year.
16-01-2012, 11:25 PM
I see there are now 0.0.84 and 0.0.0 binaries available. Which of these should I be using? The .tar.gz files seem to have the same timestamps and sizes but they're not bit-identical.
17-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Use the 0.0.84 release. The 0.0.0 files are a mistake; I'll look into how they got generated.
17-01-2012, 10:49 AM
The 0.0.0 files were created while we were testing out changes to our build publication scripts. I've removed them plus all the other intermediate files generated during testing.